GUIDE FOR ATTENDEES
Welcome to the RXA Awakening Retreat! We are delighted you’ve decided to attend. We will be immersed in a very powerful, loving, and nourishing Qifield. We’ll all be learning and practicing Yuan Qigong and Ren Xue together, as well as immersing ourselves in a healing atmosphere.
Ren Xue sees life as a totality, so our approach addresses healing the whole of one’s life. An important element of that is using Yuan Qi Gong and Ren Xue to deal with our problems on all levels, including the physical, Qi, and consciousness levels. Our goal is to facilitate this process to go as deeply as possible.
Please see the section on Retreat Elements for more details about the different aspects of our retreats.
I’ve been on all of the Qigong retreats run by Yuan Tze and Melissa. The experience just keeps getting better and better, and the horizons of our learning keep on expanding. We learn and practice in a fantastic qi field created by Yuan Tze that has to be experienced to be believed – it is such a rich and bountiful source of unspoken information (“heart to heart” learning) and safe, positive, supportive energy. I unreservedly recommend these retreats for anyone even remotely interested in Qigong.
– Tim Stevenson
How to Prepare:
‘Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation.’ If you have decided to participate in this retreat you may have some expectations. What can we do to turn our expectations into reality? The following will help you prepare and get yourself ready.
- Think about what you would like to achieve at this stage of your life in order to move your life forward.
- Think about what you would like to achieve at this retreat.
In addition to the mental preparation mentioned above, there are things you can do to help you get ready. The more earnestly you engage, the more you will achieve at the retreat. In addition, you can start to experience the benefits even during this preparatory stage. Here are some of them:
- Read Wellbeing Begins with You: to get more out of your learning at the retreat, we recommend reading this book. Click here for more book info and to buy books (Kindle or paper versions). You may even start to experience change in your life and your consciousness as you immerse yourself in the reading. This foundation is very important for your continual growth beyond the retreat. People have reported gaining a lot of insight and benefit from reading Yuan Tze’s books.
- Learn & Practice Yuan Gong: Yuan Gong methods will be taught at the retreat. However, learning and practicing in advance will mean you can reap the benefits of the retreat practice immediately. This will help you build up a Qi foundation for the healing and work on life we do at the retreat. Click here to see a list of qualified Qigong teachers in North America.
- Practice Ren Xue: if you have been learning and using Ren Xue to work on your life, keep up your effort, especially in working on the patterns of the consciousness. This will help you make breakthroughs at the retreat in dealing with your problems.
We are looking forward to spending two weeks with you in our powerful Qifield this season and working together on our health, happiness, well-being and self-realization, and towards the goal of ‘uplifting ourselves and helping others’ (Zi Du, Du Ren).
Qigong Healing Reactions
Yuan Gong has powerful healing effects and the Qifield at our retreats is very strong.
Frequently, an improved Qi condition will automatically result in unhealthy Qi and information in the body being smoothly transformed and normalized, with consequent improvement in health. However sometimes, if the amount and flow of Qi improves rapidly, the old Qi and information may temporarily become active before it is completely transformed. This can cause experiences referred to as “Qi reactions. These may manifest as symptoms on a physical, mental, and/or emotional level.
Qi reactions are not a cause for concern. It is important to understand that they are a normal part of healing and that they actually signify positive change. When dealing with Qi reactions, one should recognize them as temporary experiences and try to stay calm, relaxed and positive. It’s helpful to continue to do as much Qigong practice as possible in order to transform the old Qi and information more quickly.
You can read more about Qi reactions in Chapter 6 of Yuan Tze’s book Wellbeing Begins With You.
What to Bring
- Floor seating: cushion or backjack (chairs will also be available)
- Warm shawl or blanket for sitting practice
- Warm socks or indoor slippers for practice hall
- Layers of comfortable clothing, as weather at this time of year can be unpredictable, and may range from hot to cool and rainy
- Water bottle and/or insulated cup or Thermos for tea
- Tablet/laptop or notebook & pens
Registration Day Information
April 22, 2020
Registration: 3:00-5:00 p.m.
First day dinner: 5:30 p.m. to 7p.m.
You can bring your own picnic lunch. The grounds are beautiful and there are plenty of places to relax in nature.
April 2020 Retreat Daily Schedule
6:00-6:30 Get up
6:50-8:10 Session 1 (1’20”)
8:10-9:30 Breakfast (1’20”)
9:30-12:00 Session 2 (2’30”)
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch (1’30”)
Afternoon & Evening
1:30-3:30 Session 3 (2’)
3:30-4:00 Afternoon tea (30”)
4:00-5:30 Session 4 (1’30”)
5:30-7:00 Dinner (1’30”)
6:15-7:00 Counseling/Tutorial (optional) (45″)
7:00-8:30 Session 5 (1’30”)
8:30-10:00 Free time (1’30”)
10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. Bed time (8’)
Note: The five activity sessions are dedicated to learning Ren Xue, group healings, learning Yuan Qigong and Yuan Qigong practice. A detailed program will be supplied at the retreat.
IONS is located at 101 San Antonio Road. in Petaluma, CA 94952. The nearest airport is San Francisco International. IONS does not offer a shuttle. Transportation from the airport will need to be coordinated
All meals will be provided, including afternoon tea. Simple, nourishing food will be served buffet style. The food will be mostly vegetarian with meat or fish options available daily. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options will be available.
Please indicate on your registration form any dietary restrictions you may have to ensure that your needs will be met. There is one community refrigerator available for participants who require a refrigerator for supplements or special food items. Due to limited refrigeration space, please bring only the items that are necessary for your time on retreat.